As a whole, you might be eligible for naturalization under Section 319(a) for the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) if you
- Have already been a permanent resident (Green Card owner) for at the very least three years
- Have already been make order brides surviving in marital union with all the U.S. that is same citizen during such time
- Meet all other eligibility demands under this area
In some situations, partners of U.S. residents used abroad may be eligible for a naturalization no matter their time as permanent residents. These partners may qualify under section b that is 319( of this INA.
For information associated with spouses of army people, see our people of the Military and their loved ones web web page. Additionally for information regarding being a permanent resident or petitioning for family unit members, please check out our Green Card or Family webpages.
General Eligibility Demands
An applicant must to be eligible for naturalization pursuant to section 319(a) of the INA
- Be 18 or older
- Be described as a permanent resident (Green Card owner) for at the least 36 months straight away preceding the date of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Have already been surviving in marital union because of the U.S. citizen partner, that has been a U.S. citizen during most of such duration, through the 36 months straight away preceding the date of filing the applying or more until assessment in the application
- Have lived within the state, or USCIS district with jurisdiction on the applicant’s destination of residence, for at the least a couple of months before the date of filing the application form
- Have actually constant residence in the usa as a lawful permanent resident for at minimum three years instantly preceding the date of filing the program
- Live constantly in the united states of america from the date of application for naturalization through to the period of naturalization
- Be physically present in the usa for at the very least 18 months from the three years instantly preceding the date of filing the application form
- Have the ability to read, compose, and talk English and possess knowledge and a knowledge of U.S.